Search the Catacombs (Lamplight not provided)

Monday, May 10, 2010

Take On Me.

So LA was fun.



Driving in after almost 4 hours of sitting. Stopped in Barstow for a minute to stretch my legs.


I went with my mom as a sort of Pre-Mother's Day gift (not to mention my good friends have kids now so we can't really just "up & go" anymore). Spent too much money, but got some cool navy blue leg warmers (which I'm wearing right now thank you) despite that fact that it's 83 degrees in my home and my feet are sweating. 

I went to Little India and Little Korea. Little Mexico and Little Jamaica. Each of them bled me dry.

I did however manage to talk down a light blue Devo sweater (in their classic red hats) from 35$ to 8$. Yeah. I got it like that.




Random rooftop shot. Saw crackheads fighting in the street while I was shopping.

I was in such a rush to get out of the car that I skipped breakfast. We shopped for about 2 hours before I committed the most felonious of felonies: I ate a bacon-wrapped hot dog. It was served with roasted bell peppers and onions though (and mustard, of course), so I sated myself with the fact that I was getting a vegetable intake too.

I'm not sure I've gone into why it's so difficult for me to eat meat. Maybe one day when I feel like typing up what will feel like a 3-page diatribe you guys will all know.



A belt buckle I considered. It's a shame these things are best left to men. Should've got it anyway and rocked it in my own way. Maybe when I come back from Japan...

Around the time I wanted to head back to my car, I decided I wanted some ice cream. I passed no less than 20 ice cream vendors throughout the day, but when I actually wanted some they were all MIA. Go fig. 

Mom said she'd buy me some ice cream at Ralph's, but I wanted a Spongebob pop with blue bubble gum eyes and a chocolate bum. I actually felt my chin quivering with disappointment. It was like I was 6 all over again.

I settled for a strawberry daiquiri instead. This was after I got home of course BECAUSE DRIVING DRUNK IS F*CKING IRRESPONSIBLE.

We drove down Venice & Normandie and I was surprised by how vast the cemetery was yet how the dead seem to be piled on top of each other. Once you're dead I suppose it really doesn't matter anymore, but still.

I wanted to stop by High Voltage Tattoo but my little feet were baking like bread in my Mizunos, so I high tailed it. LA is like a second home anyway. It's not like I won't be back.

Got lunch @ Roscoe's (Very few things are capable of making me drool, but their waffles are one of them) and split. All in all, the trip was well worth it. I picked up some cool things to wear overseas because you know I'm going to be rockin' it hard core in Shinjuku (no one will ever show me up. NO ONE!

I'm typing this standing up. I'm giving my ass a rest for what lie ahead of me...

M.

  





1 comment: