Search the Catacombs (Lamplight not provided)

Monday, March 22, 2010

Happiness Trigger.


Goodbye, Christ

"Listen, Christ, you did alright in your day, I reckon ... But that day's gone now.
They ghosted you up a swell story, too, Called it Bible-- But it's dead now.
The popes and the preachers've made too much money from it.
They've sold you to too many.
Kings, generals, robbers, and killers -- Even to the Cossacks,
Even to Rockefeller's Church,
Even to THE SATURDAY EVENING POST.
You ain't no good no more.
They've pawned you till you've done wore out.
Goodbye, Christ Jesus Lord God Jehova,
Beat it on away from here now.
Make way for a new guy with no religion at all --
A real guy names Marx Communist Lenin Peasant Stalin Worker ME --
I said, ME!
Go ahead on now, you're getting in the way of things, Lord.
And please take Saint Ghandi with you when you go,
And Saint Pope Pius,
And Saint Aimee McPherson,
And big black Saint Becton Of the Consecrated Dime.
And step on the gas, Christ! Move!
Don't be so slow about movin'! The world is mine from now on--
And nobody's gonna sell ME to a king, or a general, or a millionaire."

Sing it, Langston. Expensive day today.

Went to Sak's 5th to look for a bag for my trip. My mom got a gift card there from an auction and gave it to me. I always feel weird at those über pretentious high-end stores.

I walked up and the door was opened by two guys in suits looking like off-duty CIA agents (sort of like multi-cultural James Bonds). I looked around and saw chicks toting Chanels & LVs, but thank God for consignment stores. I was in YSL; I wasn't about to be shown up.

"I know a good 60% of the people in here flaunting all that garbage are fronting for mass debt, but I won't call them on it if they leave me alone" I thought.

I ended up buying a bracelet I probably could've got on eBay for $25 and split. Everyone there was really nice, but I still felt like I was in a Venus Flytrap.

Went to the art store and got some screen-printing stencils and markers, working on a mask inspired by Björk. Still waiting for the studs for shirt completion.

Doing big things, chickadees.
Don't do tomorrow what you can do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment