Search the Catacombs (Lamplight not provided)

Monday, February 1, 2010

Il Secundo Giorno (Instrumental)




Aside from my random arts & crafts, another one of my hobbies is collecting old cartoon memorabilia.

After a frightening mix-up in the mail (it took over a month to get to me), I finally got my Kewpie pens. The one pictured above is Magical Angel Creamy Mami. With the exception of one, all the pens I got were from series I'd never heard of before. Because I have a disturbing affinity for office supplies, each pen will probably get its own entry in due time...

Long story short, Mami is about a 10 year old girl that transforms into a 16 year old pop star with the help of a magic wand given to her by cat aliens... Um yeah. Here's some more info on the series if you're interested. It's kinda like Big meets Jem.

I just thought it was cool that my pen would have a magic wand on it. Almost every writing utensil I own has a character on top :)

I got up kind of early and decided to watch the first episode online. I was expecting it to be so saccharine I'd have to turn it off after a few minutes, but it was surprisingly interesting. It evoked a feeling of natsukashii* (see bottom) ... the good old days of watching Voltron, Urusei Yatsura, and Project A-Ko. It almost felt like I should be watching it in footie pajamas and holding a bowl of multi-colored milk with rapidly deteriorating Froot Loops inside.

It's not all for fun and games. Anime plays a huge part in helping me stay current in my Japanese (I was really proud of myself for being able to translate the original title, 魔法の天使クリィミーマミ, without help)

Three months and counting... I can't wait!

BONUS! - Here's a YouTube clip of the transformation sequence. (I still geek out over these after all these years...)

* nostalgia



No comments:

Post a Comment